Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
Take the Next Step Toward Achieving Your Goals
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
Note: All fields required.
100% Online Coursework
Generous Transfer Policy
Military Friendly® School
Empower Yourself to Promote Health and Well-Being
Through the University of West Florida’s online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree, you can become a health professional or healthcare administrator empowered to promote health and well-being to individuals and communities. With two concentrations to choose from — general health sciences and healthcare administration — you can tailor your degree to meet your career goals. The program also features innovative teaching strategies with real-world-based projects and team-based learning, preparing you for a wide range of in-demand careers or further graduate study.
UWF’s team-based learning and high-impact practices help you gain a well-rounded education and practical knowledge. You will learn from faculty members who are committed to your success and have years of experience in their fields. We offer multiple start dates each year, so you can begin your degree program when it works best for you.
- No. 4 on the “Best Online Bachelor’s in Health Science Programs” list by BestColleges.com (2022)
- Ranked No. 10 in the “Top Public Universities in the South” category by U.S. News & World Report (2022 to 2023)
- Named a “Top Ten Military Friendly® School — Large Public Category” (2022 to 2023)
Select Your Concentration
- Gain general fundamental health knowledge
- Provide health services to individuals and communities
- Become an occupational therapist, nutritionist or physician assistant with further education
- Work in hospitals, insurance or at an outpatient clinic
- Fast-growing, in-demand field
- Gain real-world experience through an internship
About UWF Online
With a history of more than 50 years of leadership in education, UWF offers academic degrees with a mission to create the next generation of big thinkers. Based in Pensacola, our forward-thinking online degree and certificate programs prepare students for success through creative, collaborative learning experiences.
Discover the Convenience of UWF’s Online Programs
With our online programs, you can easily fit your studies into your busy schedule while building a solid foundation in the skills you need to succeed in your career. Our experienced faculty teach in a personalized environment, leveraging innovative learning strategies to help you grasp concepts. You will also have access to a wealth of resources that encourage your success from enrollment through graduation.Request Info
Career-Aligned Health Sciences Curriculum
UWF’s online health sciences degree focuses on experiential projects and team-based learning, preparing you to thrive in this growing field. The program includes 120 credit hours with 60 in the major, with classes that explore the fundamentals of general health science topics. You will learn from faculty with relevant health sciences experience as you develop knowledge for promoting positive health outcomes for the populations you serve. The online courses include:
Thrive in the Growing Health Science Field
America’s aging population and changes to the healthcare system could push this industry to add 2 million jobs from 2021 to 2031. With UWF’s online B.S. in Health Sciences program, you can help meet this demand by getting on track for careers with hospitals, insurance companies and other healthcare employers.
Health Sciences Careers
- Medical Group Practice Office Manager: $101,340 per year
- Assisted Living Facility Administrator: $83,550 per year
- Nutritionist: $61,650 per year
- Health Educator: $48,860 per year
- Medical Records Technician: $45,240 per year
Employment and median salary figures (as of 2022) from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.